- Bring a pot of water to a full boil over med-high heat. Gently add in dumplings (Tip: using a ladle to avoid hot water splashing).
- Move the dumplings around using a spoon to avoid sticking.
- When the dumplings come to a full boil, add 2 cups of COLD water. Reduce heat to med-low. Move the dumplings around again to avoid sticking.
- When the water comes to a boil again. Simmer for another 3-4 mins. When dumplings are fully cooked, it should be plumped and floating on the surface.
- Take dumplings out using a spider strainer or transfer dumplings to a colander. Quickly rinse dumplings with cold water to avoid sticking. Drain and serve .
- Enjoy with vinegar or dumpling sauce!
Dumpling Sauce Recipe
- 1-2 clove of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of black vinegar (Rice or white vinegar would be ok)
- 3 tbsp of honey or sugar
- 1 tsp of chili oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Green Onion and cilantro for garnish if preferred